Thursday, November 16, 2006

I was lucky enough to go to a class in Herndon, VA for my company. While there, I was so close to D.C. that I had to be a tourist. I thought the whole city was great. I especially liked a restaurant called Phillips Seafood on the Potomac River that had an all you could eat seafood buffet, with crab bisque, steamed clams, steamed shrimp, and steamed crab, and just about every other kind of fish, great fried chicken and much more. I spent about 2 hours there, just watching the water and eating. It was great after walking around for 3 hours looking at all the monuments and whatnot. The following building I thought was interesting, just because of the contrast between it and the building behind it.

This is the entrance to the WWII memorial

This is the WWII memorial. It was really peaceful and beautiful.


The Lincoln Monument was really awesome. The Gettysburg Address is etched in stone on the side wall, but this statue was really something.
This is the Vietnam Memorial.
I love this picture (sorry it's sideways). This is the pond in between the Lincoln and Washington Monuments, with the Capital Building in the background.




Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?